Friday, January 20, 2012

Frankie

Today, I wanted to introduce you to someone very special. 

This is Frankie.  Precious!  Although I have never met Frankie, he changed my life.  God used Frankie to break my hardened heart… and to teach me about life. 

A couple of years ago, my sister Rose spent a summer volunteering in South Africa.  She sent me stories and pictures of the kids.  This is how I was introduced to Frankie.  Frankie is an orphan.  He is the same age as my son.  As I cuddled with Sawyer, played with him, tucked him into bed, told him how much I loved him, prayed with him, cooked for him, held his hand, and loved on him some more… My heart ached for Frankie!  I wondered if he would ever have a family. 
I had heard the statistics.  147 million orphans!  How did that not break my heart sooner?  Now I loved one of the 147 million… and that changed everything! 
This little boy changed me.  He brought me closer to God.  He taught me about priorities.  Suddenly the big house, nice car, working endlessly for more "stuff"... seemed pretty ridiculous.  I felt guilty.. I still do.  

Frankie deserves to be loved fiercely by a mommy and daddy! 
He deserves a forever family! 

I am passionate about adoption... domestic and international.  I love both! 
While I realize that it is not for everyone... I do believe that everyone can do something to make a difference in the life of an orphan.  A figure like 147 million can be paralyzing... but, you can do something to change the world for one.  






No comments:

Post a Comment