Monday, February 27, 2012

2 Corinthians 5:7

It has been hard for me to update this blog lately.  I’ve been really sad, and I have a hard time sharing when I’m struggling.  I always answer “how are you”, with I’m OK.  I haven’t really been OK… so, here’s the truth.  Having a child in an orphanage on the other side of the world is painful.  I don’t know if he has been held today.  I can only request an update once every three months… that is hard!  He is most likely sitting alone in his crib, and I am here... aching to hold him.  Our wait for approval has been unusually long.  I can’t make sense of this.  My heart hurts for him… and for the hundreds of other kids in his orphanage.  Most of them will never be adopted.  My heart is broken for the millions of orphans in this world.  So, in my sadness, I started to lose sight of God’s faithfulness. I started to forget all of the miracles I’ve seen which have gotten us to today.  I even started to question God’s goodness (please don’t judge).  The message at church yesterday was a much needed slap in the face.  One of those times where all the other people in the room kind of disappeared… and it was just me and God.   In my sadness, I was forgetting…

God’s timing is perfect!

                                                           God is good… all the time!





AND ...
Before I had time to post this, I got a call from our agency.

We just got our letter of approval !!!
HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!!



2 comments:

  1. Our God is GREAT!! So excited.. so over flowing... so BLESSED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! So thankful for our God and his timing!! I just posted something very similar to you on our blog...about the pain of waiting...and then God sent us an update!!! We're on day 40 of waiting for our LOA so know it may be awhile, but so thankful for the update and thrilled for you all for your LOA!!! Found your blog on the Holt site and rejoicing with you! Won't be long now!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete